TERMS & CONDITIONS
Woopi Physio Terms and Conditions
Our Commitment to You
Our commitment to you is based on more than just excellent clinical care and customer service, which should be expected. Our patients receive respectful care and are not discriminated against on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference or health status.
You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, obtain a second opinion and refuse a treatment. Please see our administration staff if you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint.
Your Commitment to Us
In order to achieve outstanding treatment results, we require an equal commitment from you. Take the time to read all of our Terms and Conditions as clarity, communication and understanding will ensure that we’re always on the same page and achieving the best outcome possible.
All of our professional recommendations are based on the information provided by you, an objective and expert physiotherapy examination and the specific goals determined by you and your physiotherapist. It is important to understand our Terms and Conditions and for you to acknowledge that ultimately, it is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition. We acknowledge an infinite number of variables can impact on the outcomes of any treatment program.
We are confident that if you follow our recommendations, and any further opinions subsequent to reviews that may occur periodically throughout the term of your treatment, then we can help you to achieve outstanding results.
- It is expected that if you cannot keep an appointment with us, that notice is given as soon as possible by calling the practice and leaving a message if after hours.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given, the full consultation fee will apply. All patients are required to complete a pre-authorisation authority, we will only charge your account if you do not show up to your appointment.
- This relates to all clients irrespective of their method of funding (i.e. Workers’ Compensation, EPC bulk billing).
- All EPC patients will be charged the equivalent medicare/bulk billing charge (currently $52.95)
- Please call 0266540237 if you need to cancel an appointment.
Late and Missed Appointments
- If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your appointed time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not inconvenience other clients waiting.
- If you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the consultation fee in full.
- Irrespective of an alternative appointment being offered, if payment is not received in full within forty-eight (48) hours, an administration fee will apply Late or missed appointments exclude others from receiving treatment and inconvenience both the physiotherapists and other clients waiting.
Consent to Treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations, therapy, rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury.
You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your therapist, the nature and purpose of your physiotherapy care before any treatment is rendered.
You acknowledge and accept the following:
- The physical nature of physiotherapy and related treatments.
- You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, refuse intervention or seek a further opinion and to provide feedback and make a complaint.
- The adverse risks associated with treatment, including stiffness and soreness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations, burns and other minor complications.
- The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures.
- Other treatment options exist if the risk of physiotherapy is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalisation and surgery.
- The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult.
- Most clients receive our services without the need of a medical or other referral. However, in the event a referral from another practitioner has been given, it is highly recommended that such a referral is provided to the treating physiotherapist to assist in the continuity of care and our delivery of the most appropriate treatment for the client.
Consent to Obtain and Release Information
To expedite the management of your injury or injury claim, you accept it may be necessary to communicate the details of your medical condition with treating practitioners, rehabilitation consultants, case managers and employers.
By agreesing to these Terms and Conditions you give permission for representatives of Woopi Physio to exchange such information regarding injuries sustained and any significant past medical history, with those people deemed necessary by Woopi Physio.
Accounts and Billing
- Please refer to our most recent schedule of fees for an outline of the services we offer and their associated prices.
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation.
- We accept cash, EFTPOS, credit cards and offer electronic health rebates (via HICAPS) for your convenience. However, in the event of electronic network failure, full payment is still required on the day of consultation.
- An administration fee will apply for every occasion a consultation fee is not paid on the day. All patients are required to complete a pre-authorisation authority, we will only charge your account if you do not show up to your appointment.
- Health Insurance rebates (electronic or otherwise) can only be claimed after the service has been received. In the instance of purchasing treatment packages, rebates will only be available once the treatment package has been completed.
- There is no refund available on the purchase of any personal or healthcare items if you change your mind. If the item has a major problem we can either refund or exchange the item for you.
- Please understand that our strict billing methods allow equality of service to all clients, and serve to raise the already high standard of care we can offer you.
- Our intention is not to exclude anyone from being able to access our physiotherapy services. We have never denied anyone the benefits of physiotherapy care because of their inability to pay our published fees. If financial hardship requires individual consideration, please put your request in writing to the Director.
- This practice is committed to protecting your privacy and this information is generally only disclosed to other members of your medical team where necessary.
- The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
- Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
- Woopi Physio uses SMS and/or email communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment.
- From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at your local practice via a number of possible ways including: post, email, telephone call or SMS. Reasons we may contact you include:
• To administer accounts and process payments.
• To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
• To notify Clients of promotions and events.
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow Ups.
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
• Periodic Newsletters and updates.
• To provide you with information about the current and future benefits of being a Woopi Physio client.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise the administration staff or alternatively follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions provided in the communication.
- You may gain access to information held about you by this Practice by putting your request in writing. Please attention all such correspondence to the “Practice Director”. Please note a fee may apply.
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is considered consent to receive such communications as outlined above however you may opt out at any time.
Exclusion of Liability
The Practice Directors and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage howsoever sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice or in any way whatsoever which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please contact:
Attention: Clinic Director
Address: 9 Market Street, Woolgoolga NSW 2456
Phone: 6654 0237
Please note that Woopi Physio may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page regularly to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes.
This Policy is effective from January 2017.